找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1563|回复: 11

[音乐推荐] 天籁······浮云······感谢Rosie Thomas的美好声音

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-3-9 20:16:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
[wmv=314,256,0]http://audio.sxsw.com/2007/mp3/Rosie_Thomas-Much_Farther_To_Go.mp3[/wmv]
Rosie Thomas------<Much Farther To Go>

Rosie Thomas很早就确立了她精致的特点鲜明的曲风,但直到她加入Velour 100乐队之后才得以成名,Rosie Thomas在这支以Dream-Pop为主的乐队担任主唱,随后她退出乐队,开始了自己的民谣生涯。2002年的那张《When We Were Small》好评如潮,使人们一下便记住了这个声音甜美的女孩,她的歌声中总是隐隐透着些沧桑感,尽管曲风清新但却有股成熟女人的韵味在里面,真假声的变换频繁却又不让人觉得腻,反而成为她最具标志性的嗓音特点。

When We Were Small (2002)

s2662298.jpg
This is Rosie&#39;s first long player. Ten songs, focused on vivid childhood memories and images from the perspective of a young girl in the process of growing up, dealing with complex emotions. Peppered with audio samples from her childhood, the record spotlights Rosie&#39;s striking voice, which rings out wonderfully in the spirit of Joni Mitchell. When We Were Small is Rosie Thomas&#39; debut full-length and on it she sings, plays guitar and piano.

1. Two Dollar Shoes
  2. Farewell
  3. Wedding Day
  4. Lorraine
  5. Finish Line
  6. October
  7. I Run
  8. Charlotte
  9. Have You Seen My Love
  10. Bicycle Tricycle

Only With Laughter Can You Win(2003)

s1462190.jpg

Only With Laughter Can You Win, Rosie&#39;s second full-length, elaborates on the quietly affecting intensity of her critically lauded debut. On it, she ads considerable emotional and instrumental depth with performances by family members and friends (including Iron & Wine&#39;s Sam Beam).

1. Let Myself Fall
  2. I Play Music
  3. Red Rover
  4. Sell All My Things
  5. Crazy
  6. One More Day
  7. All My Life
  8. You and Me
  9. Tell Me How
  10. Gradually
  11. Dialogue

If Songs Could Be Held (2005)

s2843381.jpg

On her third Sub Pop full-length, this Seattle songwriter/vocalist approaches the sometimes difficult but universal topics of introspection, identity, and love with bravery, honesty, and above all, stunning beauty. \"If Songs...\" marks the first time she&#39;s collaborated with musicians outside her circle of family and friends, this time working with Liz Phair guitarist Dino Meneghin, accomplished film soundtrack string arranger Josh Myers, and a duet with Ed Harcourt on the classic \"Let It Be Me\".

1. Since You&#39;ve Been Around
  2. Pretty Dress
  3. Loose Ends
  4. It Don&#39;t Matter To The Sun
  5. Guess It May
  6. Let It Be Me + Clear As A Bell
  8. Say What You Want
  9. Time Goes Away
  10. Death Came And Got Me
  11. Tomorrow

These Friends Of Mine(2007)

s2674348.jpg
    I sort of wanted to get bacj to that time when I played music for nothing.\"
  远离正常的唱片生产流程,没有studio,没有producer,没有deadline,甚至乾脆跳过了厂牌发行这一块,直接把这张专辑放在网上贩售,这一次Rosie Thomas随性得很彻底。
  这张专辑里的曲子是Rosie Thomas与她的好友Sufjan Steven和Dension Witmer共同在Sufjan位于纽约的公寓里录制的,开始时他们甚至没有打算做出一张专辑,只是几个同是音乐人的好友聚在一起写歌唱歌而已,好比古时文人相见总要吟诗作对,把酒言欢一般自然,他们所有的设备也只是几个在客厅、卧室、厨房里随意安置的麦克风而已。许多歌曲是Rosie Thomas一写出来后,其他两人立即配上其余的部分,在Rosie自己忘记之前录制下来的,没有雕琢的成分,即兴的味道颇浓,当然,不变的还是Rosie Thomas一贯的清新温暖的民谣风格.
  不能说这张专辑有多特别或者好听,只能说这张里的Rosie Thomas非常真诚,一如成名之前那般默默无闻地唱着让自己快乐的歌。也许对她的事业来说,这不会是一张重要的专辑,但也许仅仅是想到这个亲切而温暖的名字,These Friends of Mine,也能让听众和歌者互相会心一笑,她说\" I just want to entertain people.\"?---Yes, I think you do.

Rosie Thomas has a delicate, weird little voice and it&#39;s never really been the forefront of her music until now. The preteen Joni Mitchell/ choirgirl strains of her vocal tones are something to be played up, not down; thankfully she&#39;s finally realized that on her Nettwerk debut and fourth solo album. The album also includes studio patter tacked onto the beginning or ending of the songs, awesome little snippets of Rosie&#39;s famous comedic wit. Such material works in the album&#39;s favor, grounding the material by showing that Thomas is not some precious freak-folker. It also gives a glimpse of her live performances, where Rosie sometimes performs as a neurotic woman in a neck brace hopelessly in love with Leo DiCaprio named Sheila (really). The record&#39;s title likely refers to the batch of famous friends who act as accompanying musicians throughout. Thomas&#39;s core of musical compatriots in vaguely Christian dreamy emo folk-rock is here expanded from Pacific Northwesterners Damien Jurado, David Bazan, and Jeremy Enigk to include New Yorker Sufjan Stevens. Sufjan and Rosie duet beautifully and breathlessly on their cover of R.E.M.&#39;s \"The One I Love.\" This sparse and Beatle-length album (ten songs, just over half an hour) is her strongest by far. Huzzah!

1. If This City Never Sleeps
  2. Why Waste More Time?
  3. The One I Love
  4. Much Farther To Go
  5. Paper Doll
  6. Kite Song
  7. Songbird
  8. All The Way To New York City
  9. Say Hello
  10. These Friends Of Mine

我是从她的专辑封面开始是喜欢她的,自己手绘的简单的图,充满了令人遐想的憧憬。
简单的吉他与钢琴交织。
简单的声音浅吟。
我一直感慨于音乐的强大魔力,像Rosie,像Maximilian
感谢他们的好声音
感谢他们对待音乐朴实无华又独树一帜的态度,
给了我们,无限的远方。

http://www.rosiethomas.com/index.html
Rosie Thomas主页~~~~~
大家有兴趣去看哦
发表于 2008-3-9 20:54:10 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,支持清妹一个~不可否认,他们的确是 NICE VOICE
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-9 20:58:49 | 显示全部楼层
很喜欢她手绘的封面呢。
回头买点蜡笔,我也自己画几张···
发表于 2008-3-9 21:56:56 | 显示全部楼层
恩  谢谢推荐

也许没听过 也许又听过 嘿嘿

PS:那些英文的介绍是不是自己写的啊? [s:234]
发表于 2008-3-9 21:58:20 | 显示全部楼层
我想问下晓清  哪张是最好听的?

知道了我下来听听
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-9 22:48:07 | 显示全部楼层
我比较喜欢When we were small

不是我写的~~~~嘿嘿
觉得写得很好,就拿来用
发表于 2008-3-10 01:27:02 | 显示全部楼层
个人推荐2首

Rosie Thomas - All The Way To New York City
              - Red Rover
 楼主| 发表于 2008-3-10 14:23:15 | 显示全部楼层
Pretty dress也很好
发表于 2008-3-10 22:03:02 | 显示全部楼层
貌似给点链接,哥哥直接虾啊,,
好久没听了,,,
感觉很不错,
有两位大侠力顶哦,
发表于 2008-3-12 20:11:55 | 显示全部楼层
恩恩,下下来听,感觉真好。
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-20 18:33:30 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,适合在学习时听````
发表于 2008-4-20 23:13:06 | 显示全部楼层
下载地址呢???
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

关闭

每日推荐上一条 /1 下一条

小黑屋|手机版|湖南大学望麓自卑校园传媒 ( 湘ICP备14014987号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 22:42 , Processed in 0.190227 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.